There is something appealing about skateboard decks, especially when they have graphic designs on it.
I know, there is a good chance that you have acquired several skateboard decks over the course of your professional career as a skateboarder.
If you have a few beautifully designed skateboards, don’t you think it would be nice to have them displayed on the wall?
By doing this, you’ll also be able to identify which one will be used for your skateboarding. In addition, they look neat and organized.
In this article, we would like to present some of the common ways on how to hang a skateboard on a wall.
- Using the fishing line or string
- Using a wall mount
- Using wall adhesive strips and plastic hooks
Video on how to hang skateboard deck on your wall
The 3 Best Ways to Hang a Skateboard Deck
1. Using fishing line or string
String or fishing line is the most common way to hang the deck on the wall. In addition to being easy, this is also a relatively inexpensive way to go about it. For this method, you will need fishing lines or strings, wall hangers or nails, scissors, and a drilling machine.
Here are the steps you can follow:
- First of all, you need to remove the two skateboard trucks and wheels. Store them in a safe place and set them aside for later use.
- Choose a wall or place that is suitable for your skateboard decks. A wall in your bedroom, a corridor, or stairs is a good choice. Alternatively, you can place your decks anywhere you will be able to see them easily.
- After finding a place, use a hammer to punch a nail or wall hanger.
- Get a string, fish line, or shoelace and cut it about 10 to 12 inches long. Afterwards, insert the string into the topmost screw holes. Insert the string into the remaining holes as you go.
- After this is done, you tie the knot fronting the upper part. Knots must be tight so that they won’t loosen.
- As a final step, you hang up the string on the nail vertically with the deck.
Pros and Cons
When it comes to storing your skateboard, there are a few different ways to go about it. One option is to use a fishing line or string to hang your skateboard on the wall. This has both pros and cons.
On the plus side, using a fishing line or string to hang your skateboard on the wall is very affordable. It’s also a space-saving option, since you can hang your skateboard up on the wall instead of having it take up space on the floor.
However, there are some downsides to using a fishing line or string to hang your skateboard on the wall. Firstly, it can be tricky to get the line or string tight enough so that your skateboard doesn’t fall off.
Secondly, and more importantly, the line or string is going to be visible when your skateboard is hanging on the wall.
2. Using a Wall Mount
The best method for hanging your deck is to use a wall mount. The advantage of this method is that it is stronger and more rigid. You only need a drilling machine and the skateboard wall mounting kit, which includes the wall mount plate, wall screw, anchor, 2 T-nuts, 2 nuts and 2 long bolts.
Here are the instructions:
- Make a hole on the wall where you want to hang the deck with the drill machine.
- Insert the two lengthy bolts into the two holes on the wall mount plate. Make sure the two bolts are parallel. Because this is the place where you will hang the deck.
- Make sure the nuts come in contact with the plate when you twist them into the bolts.
- The wall anchor should be positioned at the hole in the wall.
- After that, you should attach the mount plate to the wall by using a screw to secure it. If you want it to be rigid, make sure that you connect it well, and be sure to tighten the wall mount plate.
- Now you can hang your deck. Make sure that the two bolts are inserted into the two screw holes on top of the board.
- Make sure the deck hangs vertically by securing the bolts with T-nuts.
Pros and Cons
There are many benefits to using a wall mount to hang your skateboard on the wall. Not only does it keep your board out of the way and off the floor, but it can also help protect your board from damage.
First, a wall mount is a great way to protect your skateboard from damage. When your board is resting on the ground, it’s susceptible to scratches, dents, and other forms of damage. A wall mount will keep your board out of harm’s way and help preserve its condition.
Second, a wall mount is an ideal way to save space. When you’re not using your skateboard, you can safely store it on the wall instead of taking up valuable floor space.
However, there are also a few drawbacks to using a wall mount. One is that it can be difficult to find a mount that is the right size and fits securely on your wall.
Additional to that, another downside is that if you don’t have a lot of space on your wall, using a mount can take up valuable real estate.
3. Using Wall Adhesive Strips and Plastic Hooks
If you don’t want to drill holes into your wall, use wall adhesive strips and plastic hooks.
For this method, a string and both of these materials are needed to hang the deck on the plastic hooks.
The steps below will guide you through the process:
- You will need to remove the adhesive on one side of the wall strip and attach a plastic hook to it. It is important to press the plastic hook hard on the adhesive in order to connect them well.
- Afterwards, remove the adhesive on the other side and attach it to the wall with the plastic hook. Make sure they are pressed well against the wall.
- You are now ready to hang the deck. Form a loop by knotting a string around the deck screw holes. Next, you will then need to hang the string with the deck on the plastic hook that is firmly attached to the wall.
- Likewise, you can align the other decks horizontally. You will be delighted with the results.
Pros and Cons
There are a few methods people use to hang their skateboard on the wall. One popular way is to use adhesive strips and plastic hooks. This method has both pros and cons.
The pros of this method are that it is easy to do and it is cheap. The adhesive strips can be bought for a few dollars at most stores and the plastic hooks are often given away for free with other purchases.
The cons of this method are that it can damage the paint on your wall and it can be difficult to take down the skateboard once it is hung up. The adhesive strip can leave a sticky residue on the wall and the hooks can damage the paint if they are ripped off.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, hanging your skateboard deck on your wall is a great way to show off your skills and keep your board safe and out of the way.
Make sure you use a strong adhesive and mount it in a place where it will be safe from damage.
By following these simple steps, you can have your skateboard deck hanging on your wall in no time!